Check for dependencies on stubs

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Mon Aug 4 10:20:14 CEST 2014

> > I've added a new check: newly built packages should not depend on stubs.
>
> Nice! We should have a mini project rebuilding packages already
> depending on stubs, I bet a lot of stubs will not be needed any more
> and can be deleted.
>
> Also stubs with no reverse dependencies could be deleted immediately.

We have a HTML report which lists all packages that could/should be
rebuilt, and packages which can be deleted:

http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/obsolete-pkgs/

As far as deleting stubs with no revdeps, I pull data from the URL
above and pass them to safe_remove_package.py:

http://paste.ubuntu.com/7949945/

It doesn't run automatically, I'd be a bit concerned to let a shell
script loose with a chainsaw against our catalog. We could extend the
program which generates these reports - any volunteers? :-)

https://buildfarm.opencsw.org/source/xref/opencsw/csw/mgar/gar/v2/lib/python/find_obsolete_pkgs.py