[GAR] Problems downloading sources via https on Solaris 9

Yann Rouillard yann at pleiades.fr.eu.org
Tue Aug 12 00:09:29 CEST 2014

Wouah, not so quick in the conclusion please ! :)

openssl is still begin build for Solaris 9 (1.0.1 and 0.9.8), and the last
versions have been installed on unstable9s.

On the other hand, wget is probably not updated anymore for Solaris 9. The
version on unstable9s is from 2012 and still linked against gnutls whereas
the recent version is linked against openssl.

That still doesn't explain why this doesn't work and that might still be a
bug on gnutls.
However gnutls is also not updated for Solaris 9.

That's the the kind of problem that can happen with best effort mode for
Solaris 9.

To continue to have a working build environment for Solaris 9, the fastest
way is probably to recompile wget.
(meanwhile one workaround is to initiale the download from Solaris 10, the
source archive will end up in /home/src that is shared amongst the
buildfarm, I suppose this is the reason this bug has not been caught
earlier).

Yann