subversion security update, why i386 needs other settings than sunos ?

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Mon Aug 25 09:41:50 CEST 2014

Hi Rupert,

Am 25.08.2014 um 08:14 schrieb rupert THURNER <rupert at opencsw.org>:
> what is the reason that there is a difference on how to configure
> checkpkg for solaris and i386?

This is because the linker semantics of "-z ignore“ changed in patch 147147-26.
However, I needed to update the T5220 where all Sparc buildzones are hosted
because there was a ZFS bug prohibiting a backup with „zfs send“ requiring a
kernel update. The x86 servers have not been updated to allow linking against
an older libc etc.
We have a bugreport open at Oracle about the linker issue with no result yet.

You can see the details at
  http://lists.opencsw.org/pipermail/maintainers/2013-November/018780.html

> what i usually do is, comment and build
> for solaris, then uncomment and build for i386.

I suggest to just add the overrides and live with the „unsued overrides“ on x86.

However, you depend on a _stub and overrode that one, please depend on the new package
name instead:
  http://wiki.opencsw.org/checkpkg-error-tags#toc17

Best regards

  — Dago