problem committing (from my own box)

Riccardo Mottola rmottola at opencsw.org
Wed Dec 17 13:15:11 CET 2014

Hi,

On Tue, 2014-12-16 at 10:53, Maciej Bliziński wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 09:39:46AM +0100, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
> > Did some configuration change? Do I need to perform a check-out manually
> > instead of mgar init?
>
> Ideally we would adjust mgar init to do the right thing.
>
> > If I try your link above:
> > svn co https://sourceforge.net/p/gar/code/HEAD/tree/
>
> It's not the URL I suggested; you need to access this link after logging
> in, so you get the read+write URL. After you log in, this URL says
> explicitly: "Read/Write access".

Yes, sorry... the new SF.net interface is quite confusing, just as a
reference, this is what I get:

svn checkout --username=<username>
svn+ssh://<username>@svn.code.sf.net/p/gar/code/ gar-code

where username is of course mine.

I notice that your link checks out much more than what "mgar init" does,
the two trees are not the same.

> > I get:
> > svn: E175011: Unable to connect to a repository at URL
> > 'https://sourceforge.net/p/gar/code/HEAD/tree'
> > svn: E175011: Repository moved temporarily to
> > 'http://sourceforge.net/p/gar/code/HEAD/tree'; please relocate
> >

> > Perhaps this relocation is the reason for failure? Should I check out
> > from http instead? In the same directory mgar init is configured for?
>
> SF made a change some months ago. I adjusted my checkout tree by hand,
> without mgar, most people probably did.

Can I tweak my svn entries without re-checking out everything again?
Would be nice. That would get me quick working on my packages, together
with the stuff I have not commited yet.

> Riccardo, could you fix mgar init?

Glad... where in the code should I look? If it is just tweaking some
URLs it shouldn't be hard. Is the code inside what "mgar init" checks
out? or d I need csw/mgar/gar

I guess this is all obvious for you long-timers, but it is a big repo
and it slgihtly confuses me.

Riccardo