isaexec and Tcl/Tk

Oliver Kiddle opk at opencsw.org
Tue Feb 18 18:34:40 CET 2014

Dagobert Michelsen wrote:

> If you want you can try one of these:
>   http://mirror.opencsw.org/opencsw/allpkgs/alternatives-1.3.30c%2cREV%3d2010.02.18-SunOS5.8-i386-CSW.pkg.gz
>   http://mirror.opencsw.org/opencsw/allpkgs/alternatives-1.3.30c%2cREV%3d2010.02.18-SunOS5.8-sparc-CSW.pkg.gz
>
> They should work correctly on the provided packages even when in one file.

I can't get them to do anything. Perhaps they need some database or
something setup but if all I do is install them, nothing happens when I
try to configure alternatives. The contents of /var/lib/alternatives on
my Redhat based system don't seem quite similar enough to what we have
in /opt/csw/share/alternatives.

Note that the alternatives/trunk/files/README file in subversion says:
    Phil decided that a from-scratch, CSW-custom implementation was
    needed, because the debian one was hugely bloated, and the redhat
    smaller one, did not play nicely with NFS-shared /opt/csw So please
    dont go getting ideas that we can migrated back to redhat,etc in the
    future! :) we tried, and it failed.

Having GAR create multiple alternatives files would seem easiest to me.
If you prefer, I can modify the existing script to copy relevant entries
to /etc/opt/csw/alternatives instead of a symlink. I think it can cope
with things like package removals and upgrades with a little extra
checking. If you get the RedHat system working, I'm not opposed to it
either: I just suspect it is more work that way.

Oliver