help with octave (libsunperf)

Oliver Kiddle opk at opencsw.org
Thu Jan 23 23:01:04 CET 2014

On 19/12/13 16:28, Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
> Please check the linker RPATH with "dump -Lv <binary>", the library
> placement should be good as it is. If the issue persists please commit
> what you have and post where in the tree it is so I can reproduce it.

The problem isn't with the RPATH of octave, it is more the RPATH of sunperf.
   # dump -Lv =octave|grep RPATH
   [21]  RPATH
/opt/csw/lib/$ISALIST:/opt/csw/lib:/opt/csw/lib/octave/3.6.4:/opt/csw/lib:/opt/csw/lib:/opt/csw/lib
   % dump -Lv /opt/csw/lib/sparcv8/libsunperf.so.7|grep RPATH
   [11]  RPATH           $ORIGIN/..:/lib

It seems that the actual problem is that /opt/csw/lib/sparcv8 is a
symlink to "." whereas under /opt/SUNWspro the file is
/opt/SUNWspro/lib/v8/libsunperf.so.7 where v8 is a real directory, not a
symlink. I expect we need to change CSWlibsunperf7 to better match the
structure in a solaris studio installation: moving the actual file into
a v8 directory and linking to it from the top-level lib directory. Would
that be possible?

Oliver