gnustep-back no longer builds

Riccardo Mottola rmottola at opencsw.org
Fri Jul 4 20:53:50 CEST 2014

Hi,

Laurent Blume wrote:

> That .pc file is in CSWlibglib2-dev, I'd say that CSWlibcairo-dev is
> missing a dependency on it.
I second that. I tried removing and reinstalling CSWlibcairo-dev, just
to be sure, only glib2 gets checked, but not its dev package.

I manually installed CSWlibglib2-dev and got quite some improvement.

I still get:

Package 'fontconfig', required by 'cairo', not found

this means I also miss CSWfontconfig-dev

Should cairo-dev pull in that too or is it better to add it to my own
gnustep-back build deps?
Same question also for png-dev

And:
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `xproto.pc'
Package 'xproto', required by 'Xrender', not found

When I copied the errors, I copied wrongly the warning, my actual error,
which I still get, is:
 Compiling file CairoSurface.m ...
In file included from CairoSurface.m:25:0:
../../Headers/cairo/CairoSurface.h:28:19: fatal error: cairo.h: No such
file or directory
 #include <cairo.h>
                   ^
compilation terminated.

but I have cairo-dev. I fear that since configure shows several issues,
things somehow do not get configured correctly.

Riccardo