gnustep-back no longer builds

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Fri Jul 4 21:42:36 CEST 2014

Hi Riccardo,

Am 04.07.2014 um 20:53 schrieb Riccardo Mottola <rmottola at opencsw.org>:
> Laurent Blume wrote:
>
>> That .pc file is in CSWlibglib2-dev, I'd say that CSWlibcairo-dev is
>> missing a dependency on it.
> I second that. I tried removing and reinstalling CSWlibcairo-dev, just
> to be sure, only glib2 gets checked, but not its dev package.
>
> I manually installed CSWlibglib2-dev and got quite some improvement.
>
> I still get:

> Package 'fontconfig', required by 'cairo', not found
>
> this means I also miss CSWfontconfig-dev

Yes.

> Should cairo-dev pull in that too or is it better to add it to my own
> gnustep-back build deps?
> Same question also for png-dev

Ideally, a -dev package should pull in all dependencies, but as we don’t have
a clean build environment and all dev-packages are installed by default it is
very common that lots of deps are missing for dev-packages. Feel free to
file a bug report for CSWfontconfig-dev with the specific packages you needed
and probably also add these with a comment in BUILD_DEPS - it won’t hurt.

> And:
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `xproto.pc'
> Package 'xproto', required by 'Xrender', not found

That is CSWsunx11devel and the path to
  /opt/csw/lib/pkgconfig/xproto.pc
is added by default in GAR.

> When I copied the errors, I copied wrongly the warning, my actual error,
> which I still get, is:
> Compiling file CairoSurface.m ...
> In file included from CairoSurface.m:25:0:
> ../../Headers/cairo/CairoSurface.h:28:19: fatal error: cairo.h: No such
> file or directory
> #include <cairo.h>
>                   ^
> compilation terminated.
>
> but I have cairo-dev. I fear that since configure shows several issues,
> things somehow do not get configured correctly.

cairo.h is part of CSWlibcairo-dev and located in
  /opt/csw/include/cairo/cairo.h

That means -I/opt/csw/include/cairo must be configured in cairo.pc.

Best regards

  — Dago