Checkpkg insists that a library is surplus, I think it is not

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Thu Jun 5 12:23:12 CEST 2014

On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 10:24 AM, Laurent Blume <laurent at opencsw.org> wrote:
> And that's not new, it's been like that for a while. So I don't think that explanation is the right one :-)

The explanation is correct in the sense that this is what checkpkg
thinks. checkpkg could be wrong for some reason. Here's how checkpkg
looks at it and what it sees:

$ whichpkgprovides() { curl -s
"http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/pkgdb/rest/catalogs/unstable/sparc/SunOS5.10/pkgnames-and-paths-by-basename?basename=$1";
echo; }
$ whichpkgprovides libz.so.1
{"/opt/csw/lib/sparcv9": ["CSWlibz1"], "/opt/csw/lib/sparcv8plus+vis":
["CSWlibz1"], "/usr/lib/sparcv9": ["SUNWzlib"], "/usr/lib":
["SUNWzlib"], "/opt/csw/lib": ["CSWlibz1"]}
$ whichpkgprovides librsvg-2.so.2
{"/usr/lib": ["SUNWgnome-base-libs"]}

Maybe something's wrong with indexing.

Looking at http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/pkgdb/srv4/a417528454206ad899beb18e1ad1737c/

I see:
Registration Level 2: False

This is wrong, because the package is not registered (its files are
not visible to checkpkg) and it's in a catalog.

For now, could you re-push the CSWlibrsvg2-2 package? In the meantime,
I'll think about where the bug can be.