Faster catalog generation

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Sun Mar 16 13:52:41 CET 2014

> I spent some time yesterday working on the buildfarm[1], and managed
> to remove one bottleneck and cut down the catalog generation time from
> ~80 minutes to ~32 minutes.

New catalog generation time: 8 minutes.

The catalog is now generated once every hour, and the generation is
lazy, meaning that if there are no changes to a given catalog, no new
index files ("catalog" and "description") are generated. So this
change both shortens the time you have to wait for new packages to be
pushed out, and reduces the file churn on the mirrors.

I also updated the projects page to indicate which projects are
complete: http://wiki.opencsw.org/projects-available