Changes on the website

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Thu Mar 27 01:20:45 CET 2014

A guy showed up on the IRC channel tonight and expressed concern that the
packages go stale and the website is not updated. We only chatted for a
short while but I managed to figure out that this impression was based on
the age of our php5 package and the "Latest News" section on the website.

I couldn't do anything about the PHP package, but I could do something
about the website. I logged on to the server and commented out the "news"
and "updates" sections. We're updating the website infrequently enough that
it makes no sense to subdivide our post stream in any way.

The changes have been made live on the web server. I don't know what we do
to push the changes to subversion. The htdocs directory is not a subversion
working copy, so... how does this work? Does anybody know?