custom stuff in build and configure

Riccardo Mottola rmottola at opencsw.org
Wed May 7 23:17:29 CEST 2014

Hi,

I need to add a custom step in my makefile.

I need to "source" a file which sets several env. variables before
configuring or buidling.

What I would do manually for configuring is:

. /opt/csw/System/Library/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh
./configure

(note the " " after .)

to build:
. /opt/csw/System/Library/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh
make

if everything has to be done together, it needs to be done only once

. /opt/csw/System/Library/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh
./configure
make
make install

since it stays in your environment.

How can I replicate this in my mgar Makefile?

Macjej suggested to use CONFIGURE_SCRIPTS and BUILD_SCRIPTS, I thus
tried to:

first:
configure-sourcegs:
     . /opt/csw/System/Library/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh
     @$(MAKECOOKIE)

or even:
configure-sourcegs:
     . /opt/csw/System/Library/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh
     @( cd $(WORKSRC) ; $(CONFIGURE_ENV) ../dist/configure
$(CONFIGURE_ARGS) )
     @$(MAKECOOKIE)

but then the configure target appears to do nothing, like:
bash-4.3$ mgar configure
gmake: 'work/cookies/global/configure' is up to date.

but this is untrue, the configure script never did run, there is no
config.log

what am I doing wrong?

Thanks, Riccardo