gnutls dependency

Riccardo Mottola rmottola at opencsw.org
Mon May 12 09:52:38 CEST 2014

Hi,

On 05/12/14 01:34, Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński wrote:

> The /opt/csw/System path looks very wrong to me. Our system layout is
> having /opt/csw as the prefix, with typical Unix subdirectories such
> as bin, lib, etc. /opt/csw/System does not conform to this. It needs
> to be adjusted to follow our layout.
>
> http://www.opencsw.org/manual/for-maintainers/filesystem-layout.html

The GNUstep layout is different, it  has a prefix and inside it will
have /System and /Local (optionally /Network) inside each you will have
the substructure: Application, Library, Tools.

Usually the prefix is "/usr/GNUstep", but on a "native" system it would
be "/" yielding a layout as you get it on a Mac (or on an "original"
NeXT black box). I don't know how it was solved with Openstep for
Solaris since I never used it. In fact, GNUstep here would be the
equivalent. Each executable is either in Tools or in an application
bundle inside Applications.

This is also why you "source" GNUstep.sh, to set up the path to these
non-standard locations.

in these package, the prefix fot /opt/csw... I could override it to
/opt/csw/GNUstep, but I don't tink it would solve the problem I am
facing, or?

Riccardo