ClamAV binary needs .so from dev-package?

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Sat May 17 23:05:02 CEST 2014

On Sat, May 17, 2014 at 10:11 PM, Rafael Ostertag <raos at opencsw.org> wrote:
> dlopen() requires a pathname, so the usual 'SONAME is recorded in the binary,
> and then used to locate the library later' does not apply here. AFAIK, all
> applications which dlopen() libraries at runtime do so by searching for .so
> files. As an example, apache's modules are loaded dynamically and also only
> feature .so names (see /opt/csw/apache2/libexec). Using versioned file names
> wouldn't do any good, and one had to constantly update the file name in the
> code to keep in sync.

Good explanation, weird though that this happens now, I have built
ClamAV for years and this is something new.

> However, if remotely possible, I would put the
> dynamically loaded libraries into /opt/csw/lib/clamav or similar.

I think it would be easiest for me to just add a dep to the dev
package for now and see if this is something they will continue with
or not. If they do, I can go the apache2 way and include the .so links
into the lib package.

Thanks for the help.