Something wrong with the package release chain?

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Mon May 19 01:19:21 CEST 2014

On Sun, May 18, 2014 at 1:42 PM, Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński
<maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
> In the meantime, I am continuing to look for the bug we're seeing. I
> added yet more logging, and I disabled caching in the ORM in one
> place. I'll continue to watch the situation. If any packages get
> removed from the catalog while they shouldn't, please let me know.

With help from Laurent, Peter and Slow, I'm beginning to gain
confidence in the idea that putting released packages in the
experimental directory causes them to be removed from the catalog. My
working hypothesis is that running checkpkg against a package resets
the package's state in the database, which causes the package to be
removed from all catalogs.