first gnustep app! but segfaults

Riccardo Mottola rmottola at opencsw.org
Wed May 28 23:02:33 CEST 2014

Hi,

I just commited my first packaged GNUstep application, FTP (gs_ftp).
After packaging gnustep core, I start finally to package applications.
I'll prepend them with gs_ in the directory to distinguish them
especially when the name is ambiguous, like FTP.

About the backend, I just resorted for now removing Modulations and
sticking to the cairo backend which is proven on Solaris anyway.

gnustep-make, base, gui and back!

Now to FTP.app, it builds, installs, but the application coredumps on
startup. Does it do the same for you?
Ideas?

ON the same machine, I have a parallel GNUstep installation in another
tree, built entirely from source without packages, there FTP works!
(granted, it is svn trunk and not released, but that shouldn't justify a
crash)

Riccardo