gnustep-base, package warnings

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Mon Nov 24 22:12:22 CET 2014

Hi Riccardo,

> Am 24.11.2014 um 20:26 schrieb Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org>:
>
> Hi Riccardo,
>
>> Am 21.11.2014 um 15:51 schrieb Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola at libero.it>:
>> Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
>>> I became you and can reproduce the different behavior: it works on your account but not mine
>>> on the same machine. I’ll investigate further, please don’t build in gnustep-base until I’m done
>>> as I effectively work as you on unstable10s.
>> Do you have some news? Why can't you build if you don't impersonate me?
>> And then of course the original problem about all the problems in the package :)
>
> Ok, I found the issue why my build was different than yours: some experimental
> feature I added and didn’t remember. Now I can reproduce your issue, I’ll see
> if I can fix the issues.

Ok, I restructured the Makefile a bit, so please „mgar up“. The following issues
remain:

> CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWgnustep-base += binary-architecture-does-not-match-placement|file=opt/csw/GNUstep/System/Tools/autogsdoc|arch_id=18|arch_name=sparcv8+

This is ok and must be overidden as the location is really non-standard.

> CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWgnustep-base += file-with-bad-content|/usr/local|root/opt/csw/GNUstep/System/Library/Libraries/libgnustep-base.so.1.24.7
> CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWgnustep-base += file-with-bad-content|/usr/share|root/opt/csw/GNUstep/System/Library/Libraries/libgnustep-base.so.1.24.7

These are for zoneinfo, there are a number of locations used, the only one should be
  /usr/share/lib/zoneinfo
and then override the /usr/share, but make sure to skip /usr/local as it is really ugly.

> CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWgnustep-base += no-direct-binding|/opt/csw/GNUstep/System/Library/Libraries/libgnustep-base.so.1.24.7|is|not|directly|bound|to|soname|libffi.so.5

This is because LD_OPTIONS is not inherited. It is an environment-variable with the value
       LD_OPTIONS = -R/opt/csw/GNUstep/System/Library/Libraries/$ISALIST -R/opt/csw/GNUstep/System/Library/Libraries -R/opt/csw/lib/$ISALIST -R/opt/csw/lib -M /home/dam/mgar/pkg/.buildsys/v2/gar/lib/map.solaris10 -B direct -z ignore
Please note the „-B direct“ which is missing in the resulting binaries.

> CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWgnustep-base += soname-not-found|libgnustep-base.so.1.24|is|needed|by|opt/csw/GNUstep/System/Tools/gdnc

This is a followup to the previous error because -R also didn’t make it into the binary.

I hope it helps and you are able to fix the issues.

Best regards

  — Dago