ld: fatal: relocations remain against allocatable but non-writable sections -- on linking dtrace probes

Carsten Grzemba grzemba at contac-dt.de
Thu Oct 2 08:24:04 CEST 2014

I have seen on different projects (TCL, PHP, ...) that there are problems to link dtrace userland probes on Solaris. The problem is that the linker complains if it has to link the dtrace compiled object with gcc compiled PIC objects (position independent code).
Now I have the problem if I attempt to add dtrace probes in Python.

Has anybody a solution for this problem?
@Laurent: Do you has the dtrace support now in TCL8?