terminfo entries for rxvt-unicode

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Fri Oct 17 09:29:40 CEST 2014

Hi Oliver,

Am 16.10.2014 um 23:12 schrieb Oliver Kiddle <opk at opencsw.org>:
> Maciej wrote:
>> I agree. A modular and easy for us way would be to create
>> CSWterminfo-rxvt-unicode and make CSWterminfo depend on it.
>
> Ok. I've done that and put CSWterminfo-rxvt-unicode in experimental.
> Does it look right? If I redo CSWterminfo with the extra dependency, can
> I upload that without the rest of ncurses or would that cause problems?
> Or would the ncurses maintainer (Dago?) prefer that I leave it to them?

No, please go ahead. Where is CSWterminfo-rxvt-unicode built from?
I suggest you just rebuild and update ncurses and push it, I tend to
like giving away maintainership for packages :-)

> The rxvt-unicode package also seems to create a stub to obsolete an old
> CSWurxvt package. Is that still needed if I upload CSWrxvt-unicode. I
> can't find any CSWrxvt-unicode or CSWurxvt in any of the past stable
> releases though it seems to have been in gar since 2009.
>
> Currently, it is only building without support for the perl plugins
> which is a bit of a pity. Any help with getting that to work would be
> appreciated.

Just post the issue on maintainers and we see what we can do.

> Also, on the subject of ncurses, the comment at the top of the Makefile
> for it suggests linking to libtinfo5 but we don't seem to have that
> library. It perhaps needs configure --with-termlib. Does the transition
> scheme perhaps not work so well for us due to Solaris direct binding?
> The comment has a link that can't be read without an account signup but
> I'm assuming it is probably similar to this:
>  https://enc.com.au/2011/09/30/ncurses-library-split/

Indeed, the widechar split has been some time ago.

Best regards

  — Dago