terminfo entries for rxvt-unicode

Oliver Kiddle opk at opencsw.org
Wed Oct 29 13:59:46 CET 2014

The one thing that is holding me off with finishing rxvt-unicode is that
it appears to have a dependency on CSWintl on sparc only. This makes it
hard to please checkpkg.

I think this comes from the gdk-pixbuf dependency: on either sparc or x86:
  % /opt/csw/bin/pkg-config gdk-pixbuf-2.0 --libs
  -L/opt/csw/lib -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lgobject-2.0 -lglib-2.0 -lintl

libintl is not actually needed but on sparc it appears to include some
static initialisation code that prevents -Wl,-zignore from stripping it.

What's the best way to handle this?

I could patch the configure script to remove -lintl from the checkpkg
output, I could try to find a way to make the dependency conditional in
the Makefile. Or perhaps the gdk_pixbuf package could be changed.

Oliver