Giving up maintainer duty

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Fri Sep 5 17:42:36 CEST 2014

> On Fri, Sep 5, 2014 at 5:04 PM, Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński
> <maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
>> To assign a package to this fake maintainer, somebody has to rebuild
>> packages and spoof the maintainer name.
>
> Yes, that's the normal way of updating the database but surely it must
> be possible to re-assign packages directly in the database.

It's not possible now, unfortunately. I mean, unless somebody implements it.

> I assume
> pkginfo data is never used again by us so it doesn't matter much if
> someone downloads a package and queries it for the old maintainer.

You would need to update it in at least two places:
- the svr4_file_stats table
- the JSON blob

> When forking Dago also ran every package through a script to rebuild
> pkginfo data so even that isn't that hard if deemed necessary.

Maybe this would be a better idea? Instead of messing with the
database, modify packages and push them using the standard procedure?