making the first gnustep packages available

Riccardo Mottola rmottola at opencsw.org
Thu Sep 11 22:30:52 CEST 2014

Hi,

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński wrote:
> Have you built it on Solaris 9? If you only built it on Solaris 10, it
> will very likely not build on Solaris 9. Unless you want to, I would
> suggest not spending time on Solaris 9.
actually, I didn't. I did all the work on my own solaris 10 machine.

Since I am able with some manual hacking to build on my solaris 8
machine against the old packages (not from the receipes of course, just
a local build) I'd like to see how my mileage on Solaris 9 is.

I'm still a bit new to the buildfarm setup.

What I did is:

1) ssh to login, where I did all the mgar checkout
2) ssh to unstable9s
3) run  for the "gnustep-make" package, which is the root of all stuff,
"mgar fetch makesum extract configure build"

I fail with:
==> Verifying installed package CSWpy-sqlobject: ok
==> Verifying installed package CSWpython: ok
==> Verifying installed package CSWwget: ok
==> Verifying installed package CSWxz: ok
==> Verifying installed package CSWgmake: ok
==> Verifying installed package CSWgcc4objc: MISSING
gmake: *** [check-prereqs] Error 1

is gcc4obj not available on solaris9 or it is just not installed? Who
can install it?

Riccardo