putting a dependency on libicu

Laurent Blume laurent at opencsw.org
Thu Sep 18 20:30:53 CEST 2014

Le 2014/09/18 19:40 +0200, Riccardo Mottola a écrit:
> and get:
> CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWgnustep-base += missing-dependency|CSWlibgcrypt11
> CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWgnustep-base += missing-dependency|CSWlibz1
> CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWgnustep-base += missing-dependency|CSWlibobjc3
> CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWgnustep-base += missing-dependency|CSWlibicui18n49
> CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWgnustep-base += missing-dependency|CSWlibicuuc49
> CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWgnustep-base += missing-dependency|CSWlibxslt1
> CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWgnustep-base += missing-dependency|CSWlibgnutls26
> CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWgnustep-base += missing-dependency|CSWlibxml2-2
> CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWgnustep-base += missing-dependency|CSWlibicudata49
> CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWgnustep-base += missing-dependency|CSWlibgcc-s1
> CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWgnustep-base += missing-dependency|CSWlibgmp10
> CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWgnustep-base += missing-dependency|CSWlibffi4
> CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWgnustep-base += surplus-dependency|CSWlibffi5

Don't look at the overrides, look above, where it tells you the proper
line to add.

Also, there's a long standing ld bug on the Solaris sparc build boxes,
which I think has not been fixed.
So build on x86, and check dependencies there. When that's good, look eg
at the ImageMagick recipe to add a conditional section to make the sparc
ld happy.

> it looks like a mess
> It seems that several times older libraries get picked up, why?
> sometimes the corresponding I selected is marked as surplus, sometimes
> not which makes me fear "double linking" of different versions
> 1) objc3 (I really want 4 if I compile with gcc4 or it will crash)
> 2) libffi
> 3) gnutls
> 4) libicu components

Double check your config.log to see what was picked up by configure.

> Other appear as missing, but they are there!
> 1) CSWlibxml2-2
> 2) CSWlibxslt1

There, where? Did you check with ldd?

Laurent