gcc 4.9 on solaris 9 sparc (alignment)

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Wed Apr 8 16:13:43 CEST 2015

> ld: fatal: relocation error: R_SPARC_32: file .libs/compatibility.o: symbol __gxx_personality_v0: offset 0xe0387 is non-aligned

It's the same error I was getting when attempting to build on Solaris 9.

When I talked to the GCC developers, they wanted me to build it in the
most vanilla way possible, without GAR or anything like that. They
even wanted me to build internal versions of libraries GCC depends on.
You could see whether if a vanilla build works for you.