gcc 4.9 on solaris 9 sparc (alignment)

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Thu Apr 16 19:31:43 CEST 2015

> They use GNU as and sun linker, so it should work for us too! So let's see
> if LD is the latest version and if I can bring the AS on par.
>
> THe only relevant differences with us I see are:
> --disable-nls
>  --enable-shared
> --with-cpu=v9
>
> We explicitely enable nls, however it should not matter I think. But what
> about "shared"?

It's been a long time since I've done any of it, and I've forgotten it all.
One lesson is would be: Write more comments in the build file; when you do
something, explain why you're doing it.

My experience with the GCC package is that it just takes a long time (and
you need a lot of disk quota to store all the builds) to try a number of
variations and see what the results are. Keep posting the mailing list with
your further findings!