updated binutils for solaris 9

Riccardo Mottola rmottola at opencsw.org
Thu Apr 23 08:50:09 CEST 2015

Hi Dago,

Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
> That depends. For gnulinks the packages are completely different so I would
> just make a copy of trunk to branches/solaris9. For other packages which share
> almost all of the code you may add the PACKAGING_PLATFORMS and use conditional
> assignments. If in doubt, branch for Solaris 9 as the changes are usually not
> needed in Solaris 10 and essentially the focus is going forward to 11.

I see. I disabled solaris 9 from the trunk package again.

Could you explain like to a newbie "copy of trunk to branches/solaris9"

1) is solaris9 the "official" name we use?
2) by copy do you mean "cd pencsw/binutils" and there just "cp trunk
branches/solaris9" ?
3) how do I work on this branch when I'm on solaris9 machines?

I understand the above procedure is some sort of svn shortcut and
creates a branch for each package. I thought we had some kind of "tree"
setup.

Thank you, I do not want to make errors.

Riccardo