Brokenness caused by libpng update

Laurent Blume laurent at opencsw.org
Tue Apr 28 23:32:31 CEST 2015

Le 2015/04/28 23:03 +0200, Riccardo Mottola a écrit:
> Hi,
>
> On 04/28/15 21:26, Laurent Blume wrote:
>> The website should tell you which packages depend on linpng, check their
>> .pc files for inclusion of libpng15 as a dependency there.
>
> it is actually CSWlibpng15-15 (for 1.5.13) thus I copied and created
> CSWlibpng16-16

Sorry, I was talking specifically about the libpng15.pc file, that
others' .pc files depend on.

> why the -15 actually? CSWlibpng15 would have been enough?

Because they versioned both the library name and its soname, and mgar
concatenates them automatically.

> it justconfused me since the release 1.6.16, once 1.6.17 comes out, this
> fallout won't happen I hope: it remains CSWlibpng16-16, doesn't it?

Should be fine. Probably.

Actually, maybe the error here was to have libpng-dev not be
libpng15-dev. Maybe that could have worked.

Laurent