nonexistent dependency

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Thu Apr 30 09:35:02 CEST 2015

Hi Riccardo,

> Am 28.04.2015 um 21:13 schrieb Riccardo Mottola <rmottola at opencsw.org>:
>
> Hi Dagobert,
>
> I understand a little more: gwhois is a perl scritp, thus it requires that certain perl module to work. In turn I am unable to build that perl module for a variety of reasons.
>
> But what is my original intent? remove gnulinks. Now since any new app needs to provde the equivalent link itself, do I really need to rebuild gwhois? It is most probably broken.
>
> look here:
>
> gwhois-4.7.10-SunOS5.8-sparc-CSW.pkg.gz
>
> It is so old it comes from solaris 5.8? On 5.10
> http://www.opencsw.org/packages/CSWgwhois/
>
> shows no reverse dependencies. Perhaps it is for now a safe wish to lest it "rest"? Ir remains there, just without a gwhois -> whois link.

As a last ressort I guess that would be ok, although you may contact Juraj who maintains
the current CSWgwhois and see why there are no module dependencies and either recompile
gwhois on Solaris 9 or probably rebuild CSWgnulinks with just this symlink *if* CSWgwhois
is functional. If it is broken and cannot be rebuild it should probably removed and gnulinks
dropped.

Best regards

  — Dago