x86 build failure : __sync_sub_and_fetch_4

Riccardo Mottola rmottola at opencsw.org
Wed Dec 16 17:39:39 CET 2015

Hi,

Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
> No, because the flags are still wrong. But this is due to Gnustep Buildsystem issues, not GAR.
> The passed flags are correct, you can see them in the configure-phase.

I think I got it: I need also tto update and upgrade gnustep-make.
The environment from there gets recorded in afragment and reused by all
susequent gnustep builds.

OPTFLAG  = -mtune=i686 -O2 -pipe -m32 -march=i386
OBJCFLAGS=
OBJC_LIB_FLAG =
CPPFLAGS = -I/opt/csw/GNUstep/include -I/opt/csw/include
CPP      = /opt/csw/bin/gcc-4.6 -E
CCFLAGS  = -mtune=i686 -O2 -pipe -m32 -march=i386

I will attempt to raise the arch level in gnustep-make. It makes no
sense to build stuff with a lesser arch when one of the core libraries
needs a higher arch anyway.
And nobody would run solaris 9 on something lesser than a penitum anyway.

I'll let you know.

Riccardo