packages on solaris 9

Riccardo Mottola rmottola at opencsw.org
Sun Feb 8 13:25:43 CET 2015

Hi,

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński wrote:
>> could you please check that unstable9s has the same level of packages as
>> unstable10s?
> By level, do you mean versions?
Exactly. Right now I ure have a problem with tls, icu, objc

> A general note on S9: many packages are no longer built for S9.
> Discrepancies between S9 and S10 package versions will keep
> increasing. There is no fix for that other than spending effort on S9
> package updates, but we don't want to do that.
>
> You either need to update the S9 packages yourself, or drop the S9
> build of your packages.
In case they are missing, I'll attempt a build then. It would be a pity
to drop something that works.
The problem here is that it works with "old" versions, but I had to
update the runtime dependencies and also all those nasty package
overrides I need.

That said the question remains if I can mark a dependency generic on
"CSWlibobjc*" or somehow, instead of CSWlibobjc4

Riccardo