How to find [easy] stuff to do

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Mon Jan 5 00:40:00 CET 2015

I've found an old page listing which packages are in GAR and which aren't:

http://www.opencsw.org/package-gar-status.html

It's out of date. It was probably generated with
updateGarSvnPackageStatus.sh[1]. I read it, and decided I don't want
to use it, because it depends on a very specific environment set up: a
special subversion checkout and directories. Instead I wrote a small
program which uses data from pkgdb via REST[2]. It uses a simple
heuristic: looks for the OPENCSW_REPOSITORY entry in pkginfo. There
probably is a better way to do it, but this gives decent results for
now. Here's what came back:

http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/~maciej/not-in-gar.txt

When I have a little more time, I'll make it run faster and I'll turn
it into a cron job.

Maciej

[1] http://sourceforge.net/p/opencsw/code/HEAD/tree/utilities/upstream_watch/updateGarSvnPackageStatus.sh
[2] https://sourceforge.net/p/gar/code/24543/