OpenSSL 1.0.1m considered harmful on Sparc

Jan Holzhueter jh at opencsw.org
Tue Jun 2 13:36:20 CEST 2015

Hi,

Am 20.04.15 um 15:22 schrieb Dagobert Michelsen:
> Hi folks,
>
> I want to raise the issue about OpenSSL 1.0.1m again. On Sparc we have now
> two serious issues:
>
> - BIND fails with crypto failure
that was already fixed with latest build.
>   https://www.opencsw.org/mantis/view.php?id=5237
> - Solaris 9 applications have issues with hangs in unrelated code. This has been seen
>   at least in GIT and Python

fixed now too. The fork threadsafe patch that oracle provides can't be
used on solaris 9 that brakes everything. Without the patch it seems to
work know.

It's installed on experimental10s and 9s. If anyone wants to test it
more or has other test cases that fail.
Otherwise will push it to unstable tomorrow and close the bug so that is
will be merged to testing.

Greetings
Jan