gnustep-base configure failure on x86

Riccardo Mottola rmottola at opencsw.org
Sun Mar 1 23:50:59 CET 2015

Hi all,

since I need to get gnustep workin on x86, I need to grasp what's wrong.

The configure stage fails when it checks for libffi.

configure:10328: /opt/csw/bin/gcc-4.9 -o conftest -g -O2
-I/opt/csw/GNUstep/Loc
al/Library/Headers -I/opt/csw/GNUstep/Local/Library/Headers
-I/opt/csw/GNUstep/S
ystem/Library/Headers -I/opt/csw/include
-L/opt/csw/GNUstep/Local/Library/Lib
raries -L/opt/csw/GNUstep/Local/Library/Libraries
-L/opt/csw/GNUstep/System/Libr
ary/Libraries conftest.c -L/opt/csw/lib/ffi -lffi   -lnsl -lrt -ldl
-lpthread -
lz >&5
configure:10328: $? = 0
configure:10328: ./conftest
./configure: line 1865: 16587 Segmentation Fault      (core dumped)
./conftest$a
c_exeext
configure:10328: $? = 139

Are there known problems for libffi on x86? or, better, do we know that
it works?

where can I find conftest? I want to run it in gdb if possible!
and is not there are a core file?

Riccardo