gnustep-base configure failure on x86

Laurent Blume laurent at opencsw.org
Tue Mar 3 23:26:30 CET 2015

Le 2015/03/03 21:05 +0100, Riccardo Mottola a écrit:
> really, I'm not trying to hide anything!
> I just logged in.
> I'm not trying tricks, here a transcript, I just redid everything.

Apologies, I'm truly stumped. WTF is going on with GCC being a smartass
and now having default -R/-I parameters?
Ie, how can that line produce a working binary:

gcc config.ffi.c -lffi -L/opt/csw/lib/ffi

When cc needs that:

cc config.ffi.c -L/opt/csw/lib/ffi -R/opt/csw/lib/ffi -lffi
-I/opt/csw/include

When did GCC acquire that feature??

On the problem, it's definitely libffi.so.5 hich is broken. Building
with .4, it works:

$ gcc config.ffi.c /opt/csw/lib/libffi.so.4
$ ./a.out
$ echo $?
0

Considering the libffi recipe is still using the default obsolete
compiler, I can only advise to give it a try with SOS12U4, then with Gcc4.

You have a fair use of LD_LIBRARY_PATH there: point it to your newly
built lib so a.out picks it up (check with ldd) and you can try it
quickly without having to install it.

Laurent