missing libffi.so master link

Riccardo Mottola rmottola at opencsw.org
Mon Mar 9 20:52:16 CET 2015

Hi Dago,

Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
>> in config.log I just see:
>> configure:18550: checking toolchain supports unwind section type
>> configure:18579: result: no
>> configure:18589: checking whether .eh_frame section should be read-only
>> configure:18609: result: no
>>
>> no trace of the "expr" error and of the actual test.
> Take a look in config.log, if in doubt add „set -e“ to configure and store the output.
I pasted the excerpt of config.log above.

I added set -e (It took me some time to understand I had to add it to
the script itself).

I attach it here together with the config.log, see if you get smart out
of it! I don't.

I don't know, I may dissent, I think SPARC has a longer lifespan because
of the hardware. I still have a solaris 8 box, I know of several hobbyst
who do, however intel stuff is always fresh and up to date. But well of
course I hope to get everything working again, maybe Maciej's trick will do.

Riccardo