missing libffi.so master link

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Wed Mar 18 09:41:00 CET 2015

Hi Riccardo,

> Am 18.03.2015 um 08:52 schrieb Riccardo Mottola <rmottola at opencsw.org>:
>
> Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
>> I don’t know, probably not.
>
> have you actually tried more current stuff, your bug is from gcc 4.7

Yes, I try every new gcc version I build and the error is still the same.
I am afraid it needs to be analyzed and won’t go away automtatically.

> if somebody finalizes the removal of gcc3java, I will try to build libffi once again!

I just took another look and the error message is

> CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWlibffi-dev += file-collision|/opt/csw/lib/libffi.so|CSWgcc3javart|CSWgcc4core|CSWlibffi-dev
> CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWlibffi-dev += file-collision|/opt/csw/lib/sparcv9/libffi.so|CSWgcc3javart|CSWgcc4core|CSWlibffi-dev

and yes, the symlink is also in gcc4core and the link is there on unstable9s:

> /opt/csw/lib/libffi.so=libffi.so.4.0.1 s none CSWgcc4core

Of course I can remove gcc3java, but we also need to take care of gcc4java.
@Maciej: I guess I need to rebuild gcc for this, right?

Best regards

  — Dago