missing libffi.so master link

Riccardo Mottola rmottola at opencsw.org
Thu Mar 19 19:12:49 CET 2015

Hi,

Laurent Blume wrote:
> Le 2015/03/18 20:19 +0100, Riccardo Mottola a écrit:
>> The real problem is that I don't know how to keep a separate, older
>> version for solaris 9 in mgar. Some kind of branch? a new Package? Since
>> "current" is 4.9 right now. This is a problem that sooner or later needs
>> to be done anyway. Older systems will eventually diverge before you give
>> them up.
> Then don't bother with Solaris 9.

Well, I was asked why I did not build 4.8 and the question is "I don't
know how to handle that"... It is an interesting thing.

I hope Majei will teach me.

> Honestly, considering your energy, I think it's a waste to use it all
> on S9. Why don't you pick more worthy targets on more current systems?

Well, I'm interested in SPARC for solaris 8 and 9. I think people with
intel hardware update anyway, especially if it is non-sun hardware.
Instead there are for sure many UltraSPARC machines around worthy to run
software for quite a while! And also these platforms are very good for
testing software.

So the intel part is just because I need to :)

Riccardo