libicu on solaris 9s

Riccardo Mottola rmottola at opencsw.org
Mon Mar 23 01:38:40 CET 2015

Hi,

Laurent Blume wrote:
> Because this lib is installed on S10, and not on S9, so you're
> actually testing the already installed library, and not the one you
> just built.
> You could check that by running ldd on your new binaries.
>
>> perhaps some -L -R magic that is missing or anyway different in
>> solaris 10?
>
> No, it all works as expected, except it's not what you want.
> Good test scripts know how to handle that by setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
> This one obviously doesn't.
>
> So it's a pointless test. Disable it.

Well more than pointless, a badly written test.
It makes sense now: On solaris 10 54 is already installed so it links
and runs! But that means that actually the installed version of the
library is tested, not the new one.

I disabled all tests with "SKIPTEST ?= 1", I do not know how to disable
a single test.

Or should I try to find a way to patch and disable "letest" only? Sounds
messy, however having perhaps at least some test is maybe better than no
tests.

Riccardo