making versioned libpng-dev

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Thu May 7 10:56:45 CEST 2015

Hi,

> Am 07.05.2015 um 10:43 schrieb Riccardo Mottola <rmottola at opencsw.org>:
>
> Hi,
>
> Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
>> Hi Riccardo,
>>
>>> Am 07.05.2015 um 10:03 schrieb Riccardo Mottola <rmottola at opencsw.org>:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> we have agreed to make a versioned libpng-dev and I am proceeding doing that. Not everything is clear, but let's do the certain stuff first.
>>>
>>> 1) make a versioned libpng16-dev, which contains the symlink. I think I prepared that.
>>> I get a collision with the unversioned package (obviously, the content is exactly the same)
>>>
>>> CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWlibpng16-dev += file-collision|/opt/csw/lib/sparcv8plus+vis2/libpng.so|CSWlibpng-dev|CSWlibpng16-dev
>>>
>>> the unversioned package needs to removed forever, right? May you do that on bot sol. 9 and 10?
>> No, but obsoleted for now. Add
>>   OBSOLETED_BY_CSWlibpng16-dev += CSWlibpng-dev
>> and upload both packages at the same time.
>
> I did that for 15-dev, but somehow lost it for 16-dev when doing the branch :(

You can only have one obsoletion, I suggestto obsolete CSWlibpng-dev
with CSWlibpng16-dev and take out the obsoletion from -15.

>>> 2) I did a libpng15-dev, which is a versioned respin of the old developer package without the symlink. I created a branch of libpng for that.
>>> The package is ready, I think I should build it for solaris 9 & 10 and upload it?
>> Yes. I suggest uploading all CSWlibpng*-dev packages at the same time.
>
> Ok I will upload only the dev packages, not the rest. Actually since they are platform "all" there is no sparc/intel, there will be four: for solaris 9 and for solaris10, one for 15 and one for 16.

I suggest to make -dev *not* archall by convention. There is the risk of differences which
are hard to detect due to endianess and/or bitwidth. You can then upload all packages at once.
It is mainly important to upload the obsoletion and the obsoleted package at the same time
or you will get errors about duplicate pathes.

> Building will take some time, I hope that the next message will be a report of upload success :)

:-)

Best regards

  — Dago