making versioned libpng-dev

Riccardo Mottola rmottola at opencsw.org
Sun May 10 16:27:12 CEST 2015

Hi,

some update:

Riccardo Mottola wrote:

> (and exactly the reverse, 16 vs 15)
>
> I'm about to throw the towel :(
http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/pkgdb/srv4/28b1a1e3cd85f78f5cd92abbc8b3dc89/

the package collisions between 15 and 16 dev versions are about almost
all files. Thinking, this can't be different: it is not just the two
symblonks to package config and the shared object, but all man pages,
headers...

how can the old versioned dev package coexist at all?  Perhaps you want
more to make it an empty shell and include only very few files at all. I
see it difficult to do something like that.

At this point, I don't see a clean way to make this versioned thing,
perhaps what needs to be done has to be thought again.

Riccardo