making versioned libpng-dev

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Wed May 13 14:26:28 CEST 2015

Hi Riccardo,

> Am 07.05.2015 um 15:00 schrieb Riccardo Mottola <rmottola at opencsw.org>:
>
> Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
>> No, but obsoleted for now. Add
>> OBSOLETED_BY_CSWlibpng16-dev += CSWlibpng-dev
>> and upload both packages at the same time.
>
> stupid question: since you told me I can obsolete only once, I removed obsoletion from libpng15-dev
> Now I get file collisions there.
> Should I put override o file collisions? It is a problem that something can't be obsoleted twice!

No, just ignore the error. It will automatically go away when you upload all packages at once.

> I tried leaving the obsoletion in and in the uncommited package I don't get any errors except the fact that it is uncommited. Maybe I did understand the double obsoletion you mentioned?

The trick is the checkpkg will check all produced packages. As you have two Makefiles you have
to think what checkpkg would do when it would check all packages from both Makefiles. You are
hitting a special case. The only relevant check is the one during csw-upload-pkg.

Best regards

— Dago