PHP 56 packages

Juraj Lutter wilbury at opencsw.org
Fri Nov 6 10:04:59 CET 2015

On 11/06/15 10:01, Carsten Grzemba wrote:
> I have packaged PHP 5.6.13 with a mod_php for Apache24 and it works
> for me for an canto CMS setup.
> Shoud we still deliver a mod_php for Apache22?
> Is it reasonable to replace the PHP 5.3 package or should we keep this
> in repository and publish new php56 packages?

- PHP 5.3 and 5.4 aredead now
- Apache 2.2 will be phased out
- Apache 2.4 is the new "production" release

For the time being, we should deliver PHP 5.5 and 5.6 for Apache 2.2 and
Apache 2.4. When Apache 2.2 will get deprecated, we could consider to
only update PHP packages for Apache 2.2 in case of serious security flaws.

j.

--
Juraj Lutter <wilbury at opencsw.org>