libunistring update / soname update

Riccardo Mottola rmottola at opencsw.org
Thu Oct 15 15:30:13 CEST 2015

Hi,

in the TLS "udpate" effort I backtracked to Guile... which doesn't build
on solaris 9 due to some strange header issue with clashes between gcc
and libunistring.

First thing, I rebuilt libunistring and tweaked the receipt in the
update: seems fine.

Perhaps it does make sense to install them even if there is no change? I
think that just rebuilding with a more recent gcc might help, since the
header got "patched" differently.

Second: why not just update? upstream went from 0.9.3 to 0.9.5.

Now I see in the package:

work/solaris9-sparc/pkgroot/opt/csw/lib/libunistring.so ->
libunistring.so.2.0.0

while the existing:
/opt/csw/lib/libunistring.so -> libunistring.so.0.1.2

a bit strange that with a minor revision we jump from 0.1 to 2.0! but...

May I update the package without issues? or would you suggest a respin
of the older? I don't want to cause havoc.
I would also rename the packahe from libunistring0 to libunistring2 of
course.

Current maintainer would be Dago!

Riccardo