texinfo 5.2 (re)build error

Riccardo Mottola rmottola at opencsw.org
Mon Sep 28 07:38:19 CEST 2015

Hi,

I wanted to build texinfo 5.2 on solaris 9: it is the same version
currently packaged for solaris 10. Current on 9 is 4.13 which perhaps
causes the problems I have with gnutls.

5.2 builds fine on sol 9, luckily. I then did "mgar platforms" to
pakcage up everything, this built of course on solaris 10 too.

The package fails however on solaris 10 already because 14 of the 9909
tests fail.

Or at least, this is the error I see that lead to a failure: failed
tests make a package fail?

How was the existing package made on solaris 10: did the test not fail
in the past or did you someho skip them?

Riccardo