DMARC & our mailing lists

Ihsan Dogan ihsan at opencsw.org
Tue Nov 15 14:37:28 CET 2016

Hi,

As you have probably heard, bigger mail providers are started to
reject mails based on DMARC. DMARC is a technique to reduce spam
and phishing e-mails and relies on SPF on DKIM.

The problem with mailing lists are, that they are changing the
mail headers and this causes DKIM to fail - and therefore DMARC.

The solution for this is rewriting the From: field in the mail
header. I've upgraded our Mailman installation today to the most
recent version, which has propper support for DMARC.

--> https://wiki.list.org/DEV/DMARC

If you are forwarding your @opencsw.org e-mails to your private
e-mail address, please keep in mind that this also brakes DMARC.
If you want to have your mails forwarded, I stronlg recommend to
collect your @opencsw.org mail via IMAP.

-Ihsan

--
ihsan at dogan.ch http://blog.dogan.ch/