gnutls3 status : test failures and ipv6 on solaris 9

Riccardo Mottola rmottola at opencsw.org
Thu Aug 31 12:56:56 CEST 2017

Hi!

I did some work on a new GNUTLS, which I think we do quite need, like a
new OpenSSL. Especially the version on solaris 9 is  so aged I can't
compile some dependencies and I bet it is also quite insecure.

I got GNUTLS 3.5.14 to compile on Solaris 10 (see test results below)
and a some tests fail, I do not know if they "used to fail" also in the
past packages or more patches are needed and if the failures are bad.
Several of them are due to STARTTLS, so that might indicate an issue,
especially in connection with mail servers.

I am unable to compile on solaris 9: it "enables" IPV6 because it
detects it, but then fails. I would just disable IPV6 on solaris 9. I
don't think ipv6 is so critical in use, especially on an older OS.
Unfortunately there is no configure flag to disable it!

serv.c:824:32: error: 'IPV6_V6ONLY' undeclared (first use in this function)

How can we do that? can we "patch" a configure test easily.. just for
solaris9?
Perhaps the easiest would be to patch the result, but do we have a
meaning to apply a patch after configuration?

Thanks

Riccardo

Solaris 10 sparc

Testsuite summary for GnuTLS 3.5.14