OpenSSL 1.0.2 transition

Riccardo Mottola rmottola at opencsw.org
Tue May 9 19:09:26 CEST 2017

Hi all,

some updates on the OpenSSL 1.0.2 update process.

I was able to update and clean up the build process.
It now builds on solaris 9, 10, 11 on x86 and sparc.

I set for solaris9 pentium_pro as a minimum.

I stopped using the "tweaked" targets
PATCHFILES += optimized_configure_targets.patch

and most issues I reported the past days went away. Possibly we should
tweak them for different compilers or something like that.

On solaris 9, 10 & 11 pentium_pro or amd64, test fail
On SPARC we have the same test failure on 9, 10 & 11!

I found this reference of exactly that error: it says it has been
solved, but I see no reference to a solution and/or a patch!
https://github.com/openssl/openssl/issues/2540

Input on that would be nice.

Everything is comited in /branches/lts102 so you can test yourself.
There is already newer stuff than 1.0.2 so openssl1 might evolve, but
1.0.2 has been designated as LTS

Riccardo