Current issues

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Wed May 10 18:41:15 CEST 2017

Hi Riccardo,

Am 10.05.2017 um 18:26 schrieb Riccardo Mottola <rmottola at opencsw.org>:
> Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
>> I fixed freetype and updated harfbuzz and pushed everything and all should be fine now.
>> Also unstable/ has been updated to have the latest pushed packages.
>
> Fine!
>
> I see that your fix, apart from the update, is:
>
> -CONFIGURE_ARGS += --without-harfbuzz
> +EXTRA_CONFIGURE_ARGS += --without-harfbuzz
>
> What's the difference? I copied my line from another project and it "worked" because I checked that the parameter was correctly passed and freetype was built without harfbuzz (although I couldn't verify the package yesterday).

That is because of the conditional assignment:
  CONFIGURE_ARGS ?= $(DIRPATHS) $(EXTRA_CONFIGURE_ARGS)
  https://buildfarm.opencsw.org/source/xref/opencsw/csw/mgar/gar/v2/gar.lib.mk#863

If you set CONFIGURE_ARGS before the include the ?= does nothing.
Essentially += is adding to the existing value, so it doesn’t work because of the
ordering.

> Does your update mean dependent packages need to be rebuilt? I configured gnustep against the installed "broken" freetype.
>
> Emergency situation solved?

Yes, everything solved now.

Best regards

  — Dago