rebuild a package - same version number,

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Sun Apr 29 21:15:36 CEST 2018

Hi Riccardo,

Am 29.04.2018 um 13:24 schrieb Riccardo Mottola <rmottola at opencsw.org>:
> Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
>> The package name is broken, there must not be an uppercase character after CSW.
>> In this case there is already a correctly named package CSWperformance.
>> Just change the name back as it was before (CSWperformance is fine) and
>> it should work.
>
> the original package however has an uppercase P, thus the distfile and the source have it.
> If I name the package performance, then I need to tweak other things somehow.
>
> I can workaround the distfile by doing:
> DISTFILES  = Performance-$(VERSION).tar.gz
>
> but how can I tweak the source best?
> I suppose it is better not to tamper with WORKSRC directly, right?
>
> HOME=/home/rmottola
> gmake[2]: Entering directory '/home/rmottola/opencsw/gs_performance/trunk/work/solaris10-sparc/build-isa-sparcv8plus/performance-0.5.0'
> gmake[2]: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
> gmake[2]: Leaving directory '/home/rmottola/opencsw/gs_performance/trunk/work/solaris10-sparc/build-isa-sparcv8plus/performance-0.5.0'

Something nasty happened - there were some instances of CSWPerformance in the package database
although I could not reproduce the issue as the release package has the correct name CSWperformance.
I reformatted the Makefile a bit, so please „svn up“ but the main task was getting the old stuff removed
from the package database manually by editing the tables. I guess this was an old isse we had a long
time ago.

Best regards

  — Dago