ICU update

Riccardo Mottola rmottola at opencsw.org
Fri Feb 16 11:59:48 CET 2018

Hi,

to update gnustep-base I'd need an ICU update on Solaris 9: the one
there gets detected, but is too old.
(I guess GNUstep could be better at version detecion, but that's another
thing).

NSDateFormatter.m: In function '-[NSDateFormatter(PrivateMethods)
_resetUDateFormat]':
NSDateFormatter.m:949:21: error: 'UDAT_PATTERN' undeclared (first use in
this function)
NSDateFormatter.m:949:21: note: each undeclared identifier is reported
only once for each function it appears in
<built-in>: At top level:
NSDateFormatter.m:101:1: warning: cast increases required alignment of
target type [-Wcast-align]

I think I need at least v52

Did somebody already attempt this.. is it known impossible and/or
something that will cause a total dependecy breakage?

Riccardo